Friday, May 28, 2010

No Man is an Island

Time and time again we have been told by our tutors that you can't design in a vacuum. This year, more than ever, I have become aware of how true this is and how my designs are influenced by the world around me. My collection is shaping up to be quite masculine, and my good friend from Design Brain Bucket is actually designing menswear, so I've been thinking a lot more about what's going on in the world of men's fashion. Another friend posted on The View From Here an image from Lookbook.nu, which lead me to a site I didn't even know existed and down another rabbit hole to discover these quite beautiful, dandy-esque menswear photos by Francois Bouret.



images from lookbook.nu

This is a good opportunity for me to indulge in design with a completely different aesthetic to what I'm working on. It also shows me how important it is to keep sharing inspiration, you never know where it may lead...

No comments:

Post a Comment