Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Into The Galaxy

Does anyone else spend as much time on the NASA website as I do? Probably not. Anyway, the universe throws out some amazing shapes and colours, and being a science fiction nerd I think these images are just insanely beautiful. The best part is that they weren't developed via photoshop or digital manipulation- these are pictures of the real thing. If you visit the site there is a whole archive of images from their intergalactic adventures including neon light, clouds of gas, gamma rays and, of course, 'big bang' type explosions. (images courtesy of NASA).






6 comments:

  1. these are amazing! i love the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out this site.

    http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/

    Its got a new picture each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweets.

    You may also like this:
    http://www.contemporaryartdaily.com/2010/02/thomas-ruff-at-david-zwirner/

    It's Thomas Ruff's latest work - inspired by images at the NASA site.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links guys. I had a look at them and there is some amazing stuff on both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was commenting to Jeff that you should do a line of clothes based off the NASA pics (don't think that's been done before and you can remove this post before someone else takes the idea). I'm going to send you one of the pics I saw that I thought would be awesome (somehow, you can decide how to apply it to a fashion line).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Marc! I do love the close-up of the sun, and I'm definitely including these images in the inspiration for my collection- I can't go past the textures and colours!

    ReplyDelete