Sunday, April 18, 2010

Curiouser and Curiouser

O.K. Parking is a graphic design studio in the Netherlands which also runs O.K. blog and a biannual publication O.K. magazine, covering a range of design mediums and generally anything creative. I stumbled upon this image on their Dutch-language website and so had very little information to help me make sense of it. I only really knew that I found it uncomfortable and interesting at the same time. Digital photography often has that sort of disquieting effect because it is something absolutely unreal masquerading as something real.



It was actually the cover of their most recent "Curiosities" issue, and true to the name it's full of kooky design ventures, photography and art installations that you don't see every day. It's not all my cup of tea, but it's definitely all curious. I found the image of a model wearing padded pants the most striking because it returns to the idea of volume in fashion being used to manipulate the body and distort its proportions. Have a flick through the digital magazine below to see more. (digital magazine courtesy of O.K. Periodicals and issuu.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment